||CARLE FOUNDATION HOSPITAL LIBRARY
- 611 West Park Street
- Urbana, IL 61801
- (217) 383-3456; Fax # (217) 383-3452
Web Site: http://www.carle.com/Hospital/HealthLibrary/default.asp
- Library A Week Profile
- Get Directions
Type of Library: Special
- Population Served: 3,500
- Agency Code: XCN
- OCLC Code: JPE
- Carle Foundation Library was established along with the establishment
of Carle Foundation Hospital and Carle Clinic Association in 1931. The
library serves the continuing education patient care and research information
needs of the employees and staff of Carle Clinic Association and Carle
Foundation Hospital. The public may use the collection in Carle Foundation
Library with some restrictions. Carle currently subscribes to approximately
250 journals. 95% of the current titles are Abridged Index Medicus journals,
the most important medical journals. Carle also has a Consumer Health Information
Collection separate from the Medical Library that contains items written
for the lay person on a wide variety of health topics. The collection is
available for use by staff, patients, family members and the public during
normal operating hours. Checkout privileges are limited to Carle staff.
The materials available in the Consumer Health Collection are for information
purposes only, and not intended to substitute for an informed discussion
with a health care provider.
- Interim Director: Jerry DeWitt, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Library Hours
- Monday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Board Meeting
- Agency Administrator
- James C. Leonard, M.D.