||ST. JOSEPH TOWNSHIP SWEARINGEN MEMORIAL LIBRARY
- 201 North Third Street, Box 259
- St. Joseph, IL 61873
- (217) 469-2159; Fax # (217) 469-2159
- Library E-Mail: email@example.com
- Web Site: http://www.stjosephtownshiplibrary.info/
- Library A Week Profile
Type of Library: Public/Township
- Population Served: 4,611
- Volumes: 25,954
- Agency Code: SJN
- OCLC Code: NK1
- Reciprocal Borrowing Code: 35
- The St. Joseph Women's Club founded the library in 1929, and the books
were housed in various rooms in St. Joseph. Mrs. Maude Swearingen Davis,
a member of the Women's Club, commissioned a building which was completed
in 1956. The official title was The Swearingen Memorial Library and Museum.
Mrs. Davis died in 1956, leaving a trust to support the building. The library
became tax-supported in 1973.
- Librarian: Susan McKinney; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clerk: Kathy Dalton; E-Mail: email@example.com
Clerk: Leslie Goodwin; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clerk: Sherry Kaiser; E-Mail: email@example.com
Clerk: Jackie Kayser; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Library Hours
- Monday, 1:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 1:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Board Meeting
- Every month on the third Thursday at 7:00 p.m. Board does not meet in August or December. The October meeting will be on the third Tuesday.
- President, Board of Directors
- Margaret Anderson; E-Mail: email@example.com