- 106 W. Flessner
- Rantoul, IL 61866
- (217) 893-3955; Fax # (217) 893-3961; TDD# (217) 893-1439
- Library email: email@example.com
Web Site: http://www.rantoul.lib.il.us
- Library A Week Profile
Type of Library: Public/Village
- Population Served: 17,212
- Volumes: 50,000
- Agency Code: RAN
- OCLC Code: NF1
- Reciprocal Borrowing Code: 33
- In 1934 the Rantoul Woman's Club initiated a campaign to establish a
public library. Although the first referendum failed, the Club organized
a volunteer library in space provided by the village board. The second
attempt to establish a tax-supported library was successful in 1935. By
the late 1940's the library had run out of space. In 1949 the Junior Woman's
Club sponsored a project to promote plans for a new library building. With
the help of most other organizations in Rantoul, a referendum for the construction
of the new building was passed and the new library was completed in 1951.
Two additions were made to the structure in 1960. In December 2000, the
Library Board and the Village Board agreed on a plan to move the library
into a larger builiding. In April of 2003 the move was made to 106 West Flessner.
- Director: Holly Thompson; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth Services Librarian: Annette Davis; E-mail: AMDavster@gmail.com
- Public, AV Assistant: Karen Ballard; E-Mail: email@example.com
- Technical Assistant: Violet LaPine; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Bea Farris; E-Mail: email@example.com
- Library Assistants:
- Karen Comeau, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
Pat Morgan; Shannon Jones, Mary Winters, Daniel Comeau, Toby Stortz
- Library Hours
- Monday, 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Board Meeting
- Every month on the second Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.
- President, Board of Directors
- Fran Biederman; E-mail: Fran83134@aol.com