||MAHOMET PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT
- 1702 E. Oak Street
- Mahomet, IL 61853
- (217) 586-2611; Fax # (217) 586-5710
- Web Site: http://mahometpubliclibrary.org/
- Library a Week Profile
Type of Library: Public/District
- Population Served: 10,113
- Volumes: 25,982
- Agency Code: MAN
- OCLC Code: LW1
- Reciprocal Borrowing Code: 18
- In January 1966, the Mahomet Town & Country
Women's Club, a local women's organization, voted to establish a library
fund for developing a library in Mahomet Township. On April 2, 1966,
voters overwhelmingly approved establishment of the Mahomet Township
Public Library by a 3 to 1 margin. A building on Main Street was purchased
and remodeled. In September 1981, the library moved to a larger building,
also on Main Street. On July 1, 1994, the library became a District Library
and was renamed Mahomet Public Library District.
- Librarian: Lynn Schmit, email@example.com
- Library Assistants: Erica Buzicky, firstname.lastname@example.org; Ann
Karen Huber, email@example.com;
Kathy Leathers, firstname.lastname@example.org;
Judy Pennington, email@example.com
- Library Clerk: Caitlyn McCoy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Library Hours
- Monday, 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Sunday, 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Board Meeting
- Every month on the second Monday at 6:00 p.m.
- President, Board of Directors
- Karin Vermillion
- E-Mail: Karinvermillion@mchsi.com