||HOOPESTON PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT
- 110 North Fourth Street
- Hoopeston, IL 60942
- (217) 283-6711; Fax # (217) 283-7077
- Web Site: http://hooplib.org
- Library A Week Profile
Type of Library: Public/District
- Population Served: 10,532
- Volumes: 34,416
- Agency Code: HON
- OCLC Code: JY0
- Reciprocal Borrowing Code: 16
- The Hoopeston Public Library was established in 1897 through the efforts
of the Mary Hartwell Catherwood Literary Club, beginning life in a room
in the City Building. A new library opened in 1905 using Andrew Carnegie
building funds on land donated by a local citizen. Renovation in 1965 made
a separate Children's Department possible. A 1975 addition provided a reading
room, meeting room, and archives room. Status was changed from city library
to district library in 1993. A successful referendum in April 1995 doubled
the population of that district, providing library service to Rossville-Alvin
School District and Hoopeston Area School District, an area of 282 square
miles. A Live and Learn Construction Grant, the Charlotte Ann Russell Trust
, and the Wilson Farwell Bessilieu Estate, provided funds to nearly double
the size of the library in 2002.
- Library Director: Lou Graham; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Library Director: Linda Mitchell
- Children's Librarian: Carol Arnold; E-Mail: email@example.com
- Collection Management:
- Library Assistants: Elaine Fliesser, firstname.lastname@example.org;
Brenda Granados, email@example.com;
Donna Judy; Veronica Kaufmann; Linda Means; Marie Schieler, firstname.lastname@example.org;
Kathy Walder, email@example.com;
Janell Sechriest; Jan Seals
- Library Hours
- Monday, 9:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, 9:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, 9:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, 9:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, 9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 9:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Board Meeting
- Every month on the second Monday (except October) at 4:00 p.m.
- President, Board of Directors
- Dale Fry