- 618 S. Sangamon Avenue
Gibson City, IL 60936
- (217) 784-5343; Fax # (217) 784-5373
Library E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Site: http://www.moyer.lib.il.us
- Get Directions
Type of Library: Public/District
- Population Served: 5,607
- Volumes: 37,285
- Agency Code: GCN
- OCLC Code: MI0
- Reciprocal Borrowing Code: 14
- A Gibson City public library was first established
in June 1876 titled as "Gibson City Library Association."
The first stack of books was housed in a doctor's office. The library
occupied various commercial sites until a permanent facility was built
through the generosity of an early Gibson City settler, Mr. William Moyer.
At that time the"Gibson Library Association" turned its inventory over
to the newly named Moyer Library. A bond issue was passed in 1961
to construct a new building on the same site. The building
was completed and opened in 1962. A children's library was added in 1975
on the lower level. It's most recent remodeling was completed in 1998.
In November of 2000, voters changed the city library to a district library. In April of 2011 the library moved to the current location.
- Librarian: Sharon Craig; E-Mail: email@example.com
- Library Clerks: Tina Coates, Becky Coad, Jodi Johnson,
Children's Programs: Mary Laughery
- Library Hours
- Monday - Thursday, 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Sunday, Closed
- Board Meeting
- Every month except July and December on the second Wednesday at 7:00
- President, Board of Directors
- David Johnson