- 107 S. Main St., P. O. Box 230
- Fairmount, IL 61841-0230
- (217) 733-2164; Fax # (217) 733-2164
- Library A Week Profile
Type of Library: Public/Township
- Population Served: 1,027
- Volumes: 9,700
- Agency Code: FAN
- OCLC Code: MS0
- Reciprocal Borrowing Code: 12
- The Vance Township Library began in 1940 when a group from the Fairmount
Women's Club worked to get it set up on their own as a town library. They
bought some of their first books and the first librarian was paid by the
WPA funds. It was set up in one room of the town policeman's home. In 1943,
these same women worked to get the township to support the library and
it passed and was set up then as the Vance Township Library. Mr. and Mrs.
G. R. Catlett and Mr. and Mrs. Shirley Catlett gave the house where the
library is now housed, to be used as long as it was kept a library, in
1950. The library is supported by the township taxes and is governed by
a board of seven.
- Librarian: Bonnie Gilbert; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Library Hours
- Monday, CLOSED
- Tuesday, 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Board Meeting
- Every month on the first Wednesday at 4:30 p.m.
- President, Board of Directors
- Janey Jolley