||CATLIN PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT
- 101 Mapleleaf Drive
P. O. Box 350
- Catlin, IL 61817
- (217) 427-2550; Fax # (217) 427-9830
- Library A Week Profile
Type of Library: Public/District
- Population Served: 3,402
- Volumes: 15,115
- Agency Code: CNN
- OCLC Code: IO1
- Reciprocal Borrowing Code: 09
- The Catlin Public Library was established in the
spring of 1972 by the initiative of the Catlin Junior Woman's Club. The
first library was located in a single room of the city hall located on
the southeast corner of Sandusky and Davis Streets. In the spring of
1974, taxpayers approved a referendum for a district library for the
residents of Catlin Township. During the same spring, the old town hall
was torn down for the construction of a new municipal and township building
on the same site. During construction, the library had temporary quarters
in a city maintenance building on Commercial Street. In October of 1978
the new municipal-township building was dedicated, housing a 928 square
foot library among other offices. In the fall of 1998, Provena United
Samaritans Hospital donated their former medical clinic for a new library.
In the spring of 2003, the Catlin Public Library District moved to their
new facilities at 101 Mapleleaf Dr. The attractive new building provides
over 3,000 sq. ft. of space which allows for more materials, comfortable
sitting areas, study tables, and 8 public computers. Catlin Public
Library provides many services to the Catlin Community including a summer
reading program for preschoolers – 6th graders, seasonal preschool
programs, LINC connection, 3 daily newspapers, magazines for adults and
children, fax, copier, printer, current best sellers, large reference
area, free video and dvd check out, and many more.
- Librarian: Janette Nash; E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Library Hours
- Monday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, 9:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Board Meeting
- Every month on the third Wednesday at 7:00 p.m.
- President, Board of Directors
- James Rogers