- 307 East Main Street
- Casey, IL 62420
- (217) 932-2105; Fax # (217) 932-2105
Library E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Library A Week Profile
- Type of Library: Public/Township
- Population Served: 4,021
- Volumes: 22,347
- Agency Code: CAN
- OCLC Code: IL0
- Reciprocal Borrowing Code: 04
- Two prominent Casey citizens, Edward and Elizabeth Kline
made a bequest in their will that money from their estate be used
to build and equip a public library for the citizens of Casey. A
certificate of organization was issued by the State of Illinois in
October, 1926, and a Board was appointed to administer the Kline
Memorial Library Trust Fund. The building was completed and opened
to the public in October, 1938. Taxpayers of Casey Township approved
a referendum that year to provide funds for operation and maintenance,
and in May, 1939 the holdings and rights of the Kline Memorial Library
were transferred to the newly-elected Casey Township Board of Trustees.
Renovations were made in 1973 to provide more space for the collection.
The library serves the residents of Casey Township and the surround
ing area. Story hours are conducted for pre-school children--some
in the homes of daycare providers; summer reading programs are well
attended by children from kindergarten through sixth grade.
- Librarian: Sandra Purcell; E-Mail: email@example.com
- Assistant Librarian: Karen Wright
- Library Hours
- Monday, 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, 11:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Board Meeting
- Every month on the first Thursday at 7:00 p.m.
- President, Board of Directors
- Wayne Ramsey