||ARCOLA PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT
- 407 East Main
- Arcola, IL 61910
- (217) 268-4477; Fax # (217) 268-4478
Web Site: http://www.arcolalibrary.info
- Library A Week Profile
Type of Library: Public/District
- Population Served: 5,209
- Volumes: 18,220
- Agency Code: AAN
- OCLC Code: IB0
- Reciprocal Borrowing Code: 01
- The Arcola Public Library is a district library, established
in 1905. Andrew Carnegie contributed $10,000 for the construction
of the building and the city appropriated $1,000 a year for ten consecutive
years for library support. The library provides services for all
age groups and carries a wide range of materials, including books
on tape and CD, videos and DVDs, music, and CD-Roms. The library
also offers pre-school storyhours in the spring and fall, a summer
reading program, and an after school program two times a month on
Wednesdays. The library has a copier, five computers, a printer,
a laminator, a fax machine, and a microfilm reader printer. Jantha
Rollings does genealogical research and is at the library on the
second Saturday of each month from 2:00-3:00 p.m. to help researchers.
Director: Cheryl Switzer; E-Mail: email@example.com
- Kimberly Buckley
- Library Hours
- Monday, 9:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, 9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, 9:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, 9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Friday, 9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Board Meeting
- Every month on the second Monday at 7:00 p.m.
- President, Board of Directors
- Jeff Saunders